HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
The Magic Hat thrift shop continually upcycles donated items and sells them in the shop. Come by and see new, gently used and repurposed items that have been donated by community members!
- Home Goods
- Hardcover Adult Books
- Children Books
- And More…
Can you help out at the Magic Hat?
It’s a great way to raise money for the PTO at your children’s schools. The more you volunteer, the more funds you can raise for them.
We always need volunteers and an hour a week makes a big difference. Plus it’s fun!!
If you are interested in volunteering…
You should contact your PTO/PCO representative and they can tell you how to sign up and give you information on what you can expect when volunteering for a shift at the shop.
If you are between the ages of 5-16 you will need to be chaperoned by an adult while working at the shop. Children under the age of 5 years are not allowed to volunteer with adults in the shop.
Community volunteers are welcome and your hours can be applied towards community hours or the school(s) of your choice.
OUR process, rules and day for donating have changed
Donations can be accepted on Thursdays and Fridays 10am – 2pm and Saturdays 9am – 12pm ONLY
Masks must be worn at all times when visiting the shop.
Please read and adhere to the following for donating items to the Magic Hat Thrift Shop. This will make your donation process quicker.
1. All items must be in sellable condition
2. Each donor will bring their items to the table where Magic Hat staff will assess the quality and
condition of donations
3. If items are NOT deemed sellable, they will be rejected and given back to the donor.
4. It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the donor to dispose of these items.
5. Please ONLY BRING DONATIONS on designated days.
6. DO NOT leave items outside or inside the front door
WE DO ACCEPT
- SEASONAL Clothing: clean, no rips/stains, missing buttons, no undergarments, socks or adult
- Household items and decor (we appreciate clean items – dirty, chipped or cracked household items will not
- Jewelry or fragile items of value
- Seasonal Shoes/Boots
- NEW and Like New – Toys, Games, Puzzles
- Current HARD COVER Adult and Children’s Books in NEW or LIKE NEW condition
- Current Cookbooks in NEW or LIKE NEW condition
- Art work
- Small Rugs – No larger than 5’x8’ must be in NEW or LIKE NEW condition
- Small current tabletop/desk lamps in working order – no old lamps with old cords
- Small furniture in excellent condition
- eg. stools, foot stool, side chair, small bedside cabinet, small bookcase, small side table
WE DON’T ACCEPT
- Men’s Suits
- No travel destination/event/company logo t-shirts
- Large furniture/Couches/Beds/Headboards
- Upholstered furniture
- CDs/VHS Tapes/Cassette Tapes
- Luggage/Suit Bags
- Sports equipment/ski equipment/helmets
- Sleeping Bags/Exercise equipment
- Kitchen Knives
- Mugs/Silverware/China Sets
- Paperback/Self Help/Textbooks/Travel books
- Life jackets
- Floor Lamps/Wall Lights
- Anything broken, missing parts or needs to be assembled
- Large Plastic/Wooden Toys
- Pet Beds/Crates
- Clothes Metal Hangers
- Used Candles
- Small Appliances
- Mattresses of any type
- Cribs/High chairs
- Car Seats/Boosters/Strollers
- Pet Beds/Crates
- Metal Clothes Hangers
- Walkers/Medical Equipment